Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 1 ...caffeine free

Well everyone....I survived. I guess it was ok. I slept in just about an hour later, maybe a little more. I basically just slept during the time I would be up having my delicious, precious organic coffee very strong with lots of coconut milk. : ) Did I miss it? Hell yeah! Did I wander around not sure what to do with myself? Hell yeah! totally changes my routine. But on a good note, I did not have a headache or anything like that. I actually felt ok...just plain. Since coffee jumpstarts things such as mental capacity, bowels, excitement for the day...I had a bit of a lag in all of those areas which was slightly uncomfortable. I felt fine until about an hour after breakfast I got a wee bit sleepy so I napped after my clients, not long and not totally sleeping, just that fading in and out for a bit. Actually felt pretty good. As the day unfolded, things in my schedule changed and it turned out that I got a massage from a dear friend which also put me into the fading in and out place, then I had my acupuncture treatment, which again I was able to visit that lovely place while the needles gently coerced my chi to flow magically. : )
OH YEAH.....I did actually have a cup of organic hot cocoa. yikes but it is sweetened with coconut sugar which is considered low glycemic and only 3g at that. So, not something I would want to do every day but I was ok with it today to satisfy something that I just simply needed. OH YEAH...tee hee...I actually had another cup in the evening while preparing our food. This time with my divine coconut milk and a pinch of cinnamon. : ) so, tomorrow I will attempt skipping that. I found a tea at an herb shop here in town. It's caffeine free, organic local herbs. The name of the blend is Morning Flight of the Sun Eagle. I thought to myself "yes, that is how I want to feel..with no caffeine". It was ok. I am not much of a fruity hot tea person but I would love to try it cold. I also picked up a lovely chamomile and lavender blend for the evening.
So, not too much drama. I will discover something new and empowering for my mornings that don't leave me wiped out by 12. I do miss feeling excited though. Time to discover what truly excites me in life. Not something contrived by a drug. : )
Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment