Sunday, March 6, 2011

Introducing..........

Hello, this is Keith.  I am in the health care field, radiology to be exact, and I truly feel like I do have a passion for helping people.  Aside from my full-time gig, I have another means of helping people, it's my love for fitness training.  I am a certified personal fitness trainer, Virgo, and I like long runs on the beach.
Working out with weights, body-weight training through calisthenics, and running have been parts of my life for many years.  I truly enjoy these things.  As a kid, I loved being outside playing.  How come recess had to stop with elementary school? If I were president, I would designate two mandatory recess intervals to our workdays.  One before lunch and the other, two hours before quitting time.  It would make the days more fun, and probably make people less stressed out and more pleasant to be around.  These days my exercise/physical activity is my "playing" outlet.  I have fun with these things.  They bring me joy, and if I miss it, I feel lost........Training a client allows me the ability to influence them on healthy lifestyle habits and hopefully helping them make positive changes that have huge life long benefits that may actually one day save their lives.  Who knows? Individual health concerns can be complex; we are all unique and small gains for some could be huge life changing barrier-breakers for others.  Being a helping hand on that road of theirs is a huge honor, and it starts by me, myself, and I walking the talk!
It wasn't until I met Jami that I started thinking about diet, how food affected me, and many other things I had to actually think about........Thanks, Jami, you got me to think, babe.  Our diet is such a huge component not just to our fitness routines but to our whole lifestyle in general.  (please understand when I say diet I am referring to our general nutrition, I actually am not a fan of diets at all and we can talk about that at a later time).  I have learned over the years that certain foods make me feel good and others make me feel bad.  While in the past I would accept this, I now see that there is no point to that line of thinking; I have control in the things that I put in my body.  I look at food as my fuel for the day to power my body to get me through the different activities I put it through.  Much like I want my car to run smoothly each and everyday with no hiccups, I expect the same from my body; so, why pollute it?  Please understand that even though I look to food as fuel, I still expect it to taste good, be fun, and make me excited to eventually get to eat it again.  People, eat for your health!
The greatest wealth is health.  ~Virgil

No comments:

Post a Comment