Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Harbor Days


Yesterday we arrived at what we like to think of as our "second home", Mt. Harbor. It's on Lake Ouachita in Hot Springs. It's in the woods, we stay in a cabin, and we can bring our babies, Shiva and Lady. It is so peaceful for all of us. To be immersed in nature, to feel a complete sense of restoration. And of course the spa......I indulged myself in a lovely green tea/seaweed body treatment. It was just what I needed to complement my restoration.
We went to a spring and filled up some water jugs to take home. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. A dear friend of ours has been doing this for a long time and the water is so clean and pristine. Finally I have made it to the spring myself and have glorious water to take home. It will be a staple at our home from now on!

Rest is essential in any health promoting lifestyle. We actually build our strength during rest. Breakdown happens during the output of energy. Building back up only happens during rest. Here, we are able to rest our minds and our bodies. Still getting movement by way of walking the dogs around and bits of hiking if we choose. And allowing ourselves to completely be still. Be still and listen to the water, the birds, the wind, the leaves.....fills up my soul. These things are essential to my overall well being. I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment