Sunday, June 5, 2011

"Child's Play"

So that's me, Keith, the first time I picked up a weight.  My grandma got me interested in weight-training (she is off-camera and actually is the one who handed me the weight there in the pic).  See how proud I look; she's telling me that I'm a natural!  Thanks, MeMa!
Alright, alright, not really......

First of all, we are still full speed ahead on our fitness goals for our beach trip that is coming up.  My weight-training work-out on Saturday was challenging but very good for me.  Let me start out by saying that Jami and I were in a good friend's training gym that has no AC! Sweating came easy for a noon workout.  So, Jami had her workout going on and didn't mind me being there with her slinging my sweat around, sucking up some of the oxygen, and occasionally grunting and maybe even cussing the weights.  It was one of the workouts in my "Triple Threat" program.  I did the "Olympic Weightlifing" component; so, it included exercises working multiple muscle groups with complex joint movements, a great way to spend the middle part of a Saturday. 

OK, here's a look into one component of the "Triple Threat", everything was 3 sets with 5 reps (except I did 4 sets 10 reps on both DB Jump Squats and Single-Arm Kettlebell Swings):
*I always do at least a 5 Minute Warm-Up with Dynamic Stretching/Dynamic Movements (Dynamic means that I do stretching that involves movements that mimic those movements that will be involved in the workout itself.  This warms up both my Central Nervous System and muscles)
  1. DB Jump Squats
  2. Single-Arm Kettlebell Swings
  3. BB Clean
  4. BB Snatch Pull
  5. BB Push Press
  6. Alternating Medicine Ball Plyometric Push-Ups
  7. Medicine Ball Diagonal Sledgehammer Slams
             DB = Dumbbell
             BB = Barbell

No comments:

Post a Comment