Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beachbody Bootcamp: Keith's "Full-Court Press" Workout

Hello, USA, coming at you from a pretty warm, sunny, Southern day.  I feel good that I knocked this workout out early in the day.  I can't lie to you, I felt good in the gym this morning.  Some days you're just a little more "ON" than others.  Today, it was ON! Alrighty, down to business, here's what went down.  As you can read from the post title, today there were a lot of push exercises.  This was a chest building workout if you were looking from some categorizing.  It's an upper-body workout which I did on purpose because my legs are still sore and rebuilding from our sprint day on Monday.  You have to be smart with your training, allow the body to rest and the muscles to recuperate and re-grow. 
Here it is:

I warmed up with my TRX Suspension trainer.  If you've never heard of or used one of these, I encourage you to check it out.  It is great for body-alignment and strengthening the core.  If interested, let me know, I'd be happy to demonstrate and teach the benefits of using the TRX.  I did some incline pushups and inverted rows using the TRX.  I was warming up my chest, core, and back getting it ready for the same movements in the "meat" of my workout.
Remember, this is a chest dominant workout and with warm-up took about a hour to complete.

EXERCISE                                          SETS               REPS
Crossover Pushups (on box)                       3                    20
BB Bench Press                                        2                    15
Incline Bench DB Chest Press                    2                    10
Plank DB Row                                           2                   10 ea.
Pushups                                               AMAN                50
DB Bench Press                                        1                AMAP
Incline Bench DB Triceps Extension            3                   10
Chinups                                                     3                    8
DB Seated Shoulder Press                          3                   12
Seated DB Alternating Curl                          3                  10 ea.
Cable Side Woodchops                               2                   15 ea.
Reverse DB Woodchops                             2                   15 ea.
____________________________
BB = Barbell
DB = Dumbbell
AMAN = As Many As Needed
AMAP = As Many As Possible
      

No comments:

Post a Comment