Sunday, July 10, 2011

Heads Are Spinning

Howdy, people, we hope that you are well on your end.  As for us, we are definitely doing well, just extremely busy.  But, this is by our own design, and we are just following through on this process that we have set in motion with our own ideas and dreams.  Life is meant to be lived, enjoyed, and to be exciting.  Like that Teva slogan, "Go-Do-Be", we have to take action and get out there and be part of the "game".  We Go-Do-Be!

No Fingers Were Harmed In This Picture
                    So, we've done some work around the house.....some more tiling, painting, and a hell of a lot of cleaning.  This was good for both Jami and myself, it forced us to begin throwing away some of those things (AKA "junk") that I know I have a tendency to hang on to.  It also shows us how nicely organized, uncluttered, minimalistic-style decorated rooms can look.  Pictures for the virtual tour were taken on Saturday morning, and we anxiously await it's viewing for the masses.  Unfortunately, they don't include you in these pictures...Bummer.  Wouldn't it be cooler if they showed you having tons of fun in different rooms in the house portraying to the potential buyer how much fun they too could potentially have in this house if they would just buy it.  Oh well, I'll leave that to the experts.


Jami's Quality Work







Now, among all the prep and life-stuff going down we've still been moving our bodies and fueling it with good food sources.  Actually, Jami has motivated me to join her in doing a 21-day Sugar Detox starting tomorrow (Monday).  This will be a first for me; stay tuned!  Jami's trainer, Lorrie Belluomini, has her on a kick-ass program that is really resulting in some pretty awesome changes for her.  She's lean, muscle-toned, balanced, and noticeably stronger in the gym and field.  As for me, I have been blending some Crossfit exercises into my workouts.  I'll blend their WOD (workout of the day) with some other things I had in mind.  A lot of times I have to modify their workouts because they are incredibly tough and loaded with olympic lifts that I may or may not be able to do, depending on where I'm training that day.  Plus, I'm learning that it's baby-steps with Crossfit and really need to take a Crossfit Foundations Course through a local affiliate gym....it's on the to do list.  I really enjoying the variety of their workouts.  Variance is a part of my training philosophy, have the muscles work in their full range of motion and don't allow the muscles to get use to the same old movements in the gym.  BORING!

It seems like I've been on a big-time deadlifting spree lately.  My hamstrings are getting so strong that they are going to convince my motor cortex that I should be walking backwards everywhere from now on.  Anyway, Friday I had a workout that involved a Power Wheel for hamstring curls, a 12 pound medicine-ball for medicine-ball slam/burpees, 115# barbell for deadlifts, hang power cleans, and push jerks.  I had this routine going on for 4 rounds.  It was an INTENSE labor of love!  I had to leave some in the tank for some work to be done around the house later in the day.   My traps were sore actually today (Sunday) from the  repetitive pull on that clean.  Today, I did 4 rounds of 400 meter run, 145# deadlifts x 15, 20 pushups, 145# deadlifts x 10, and 10 pushups, 12 TRX biceps curls, and 12 TRX triceps extensions.  It was very hot and sweat was being slung.....Glad I made it through it. 

As always, like the words of so many intellectuals before us, we are gonna keep on truckin'.  Hang in there with us.  We'll get through it together.  Be well, stay safe, hug your dogs or cats, and spend time with the people that you love. 

AnthroFit

No comments:

Post a Comment